Preparing For Your Procedure
Thank you for choosing Louisiana Cardiovascular & Nephrology Center of Excellence. Please be sure to review the information you received regarding preparation for your procedure. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 337.678.4300.
- Continue taking prescribed medications unless otherwise instructed.
- Continue taking Aspirin, Plavix (clopidogrel), Effient, and Brilinta unless specifically instructed to stop.
- If you take Insulin, only take a half dose the morning of the procedure, regardless of your scheduled procedure time. Do not take any other diabetes medication on the morning of the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure, including gum and candy. If your procedure is in the afternoon, you may eat a light breakfast the morning of your procedure.
- Do not use tobacco products after midnight the night before your procedure.